Location: Hauppauge, Long Island
Excellent Comp, Benefits, Bonus!
World-class metals service center with a reputation for delivering quality products—the first time, on time, every time. We are recognized as an Employer of Choice in the area and employ the most experienced and talented associates in the metals industry. If you are looking to join an organization that offers excellent benefits, career growth opportunities and a work environment that values its associates,
- Competitive wages and 2 profit sharing bonuses for all associates!
- THE BEST medical coverage–Anthem plan with low copays, deductibles, contributions.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Employer paid life insurance and disability programs.
- 401(k) plan with 100% employer matching contribution.
- Flexible Spending and Health Saving Accounts.
- Career growth with a great company.
JOB SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION
An Inside Sales Representative is responsible for developing new and existing accounts by providing exceptional customer service while maximizing sales and profit goals.
- Project “Can-Do” attitude and consistently provide exceptional customer service.
- Build and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Meet or exceed sales goals.
- Communicate with account managers and product managers on account strategy, pricing and account acquisition.
- Interpret customer requirements and negotiate pricing, service and delivery.
- Expedite orders and respond to customer inquiries.
- Review sales and profit reports.
- Remain current with product knowledge, pricing, services and market/industry trends.
- Travel with account managers to visit customers.
- Assist with training and providing guidance to new sales associates.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- High school graduate, college degree or related field strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of the company’s primary products, services and operations.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and succeed.
- Effective phone skills with a strong command of the English language.
- Capable of building and developing strong business relationships.
- Supervisory experience a plus for potential career growth opportunities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and make sound business decisions.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).